We would like to welcome you to Riverview Family Dentistry in Dubuque, Iowa led by our dentist Dr. Leighton Holley. Our dental office offers exceptional dental care to our patients and we take great satisfaction in helping you maintain optimal oral health. With a professional and friendly team, our practice is devoted to comprehensive and preventive patient care.
FUN DENTAL FACTS!
- Your tongue is as unique as your fingerprint. No two people have the same tongue print.
- There are more bacteria in your mouth than people on earth.
- In an entire human lifetime, the average person produces around 100,000 gallons of saliva.
- A sneeze zooms out of your mouth at over 600 mph!
- Did you know that Gatorade contains as many as 16 teaspoons of sugar in every sports bottle? That is enough to fill a plastic snack bag! This liquid sugar penetrates the sides of teeth and can be a big contributor to dental decay especially in teenagers.
- Worn toothbrushes do not do a good job of cleaning your teeth. Brushes should be replaced every 2-3 months for children because they wear their brushes out sooner.
- If flossing properly, the average person should use 122 yards of floss per year. Twenty-eight percent of people claim to floss daily, but annual sales data shows only an average of 18 yards of floss are sold per person. We think someone’s fibbing